Edward B. Braddock (1839-1918)
Member Braddocks from Connecticut, settled at Bay City in 1859.
Biography. - Added June, 2011.
History of Bay County, Michigan - 1883
EDWARD B. BRADDOCK.
is a native of Essex, Conn., and settled in Bay City in 1859. Prior to that time he was in business in Connecticut, but having an uncle in Bay City, or Lower Saginaw, as it was then called, he concluded to try the new country. When he came here the firm of H. D. Braddock & Co. was carrying on a general store where Symons, Smart & Co. are now located, and he went into their store, remaining in their employ about three years. He then became a member of the firm Dunham & Whipple, and they purchased the store of H. D. Braddock & Co., and did business under the firm name of Whipple, Braddock & Co. He continued in the mercantile business for four or five years, and then was away from the place about five years. In 1876 he went into the cigar business, the firm being Bebee & Braddock. In July, 1882, F. Bateman succeeded Mr. Bebee and the firm name became Braddock & Bateman. Mr. Braddock was married August, 1863, to Miss Mary J. Stevens, daughter of Appleton Stevens, of this city. In 1865 he built his present residence on South Center Street, now a handsome street with numerous attractive homes. At the time Mr. Braddock built, that part of town was a pasture, and it was thought very strange that he should select such an out-of-the-way place for a residence. Verily, the desert has blossomed as the rose. Mr. Braddock has been a busy man during the twenty-three years oF his residence here. He was treasurer of Portsmouth for six months, and town clerk for three years.
1870 – Census: Ann Arbor, Washtenaw, Mich.
- Braddock, Edward – b. 1839, Conn.
- Mary, wife – b. 1844, Conn.
- Willie, son – b. 1865, Mich.
1879 – Directory: Bay City, Mich.
- Beebe Braddock - (Seth W. Beebe & Edward B. Braddock), bottlers cor. 35th and Harrison.
- Beebe, Seth W. - (Beebe & Braddock), res. n. s. S. Center 1 e. of Water.
- Braddock, Edward E (Beebe & Braddock), res. n. e. cor. Center and Polk.
Find A Grave website.
- Braddock, Edward B. - born Nov. 14, 1839; died 1918; burial at Pine Ridge Cemetery.
- Braddock, Mary (Stevens) – born Jan., 1844; died 1916; burial at Pine Ridge Cemetery.
1880 – Census: Bay City, Bay, Mich.
- Braddock, Edward B. - b. 1839, Conn. - Root Beer & Pop Mfg.
- Mary J., wife – b. 1844, Conn.
- William E., son – b. 1865, Mich.
1890-01 - Directory: Bay City, Mich.
- Bateman, Frank L. - (Braddock & Bateman), res. 213 S. Center.
- Braddock, Edward B. - (Braddock & Bateman), res. n. e. co. S. Center and Polk.
- Braddock & Bateman Co. – (Edward B. Braddock, Frank Bateman), Cigar Jobbers, 600 and 602 Harrison.
- Braddock, Will E. - Downing & Braddock, bds 303 S. Center.
1895 – Michigan Marriages: Bay City, Bay, Mich.
- Will E. Braddock, born 1864, Mich., son of E. E. Braddock and Mary J. Stevens, marriage on Nov. 27, 1895, to Jennie Moore, born 1874, Canada. (parents unkown).
1900 – Census: Bay City, Bay, Mich.
- Braddock, William E. - b. Oct., 1864.
- Jennie M., wife – b. Jun., 1874, Canada, (married 4 years)
- Russell M., dau? – b. Jan., 1898, Mich. (s/b son)
- Eren B., dau. - b. Jun. 1899, Mich.
1910 – Census: Bay City, Bay, Mich,
- Braddock, Edward B. - age 71, b. Conn.
- Mary J, wife – age 66, b. Conn.
Braddock, Asahel C.
Stevens, Appleton. f-inlaw
Bateman, Frank L.
Pine Ridge Cemetery
Bateman, Frank L.
Beebe, Seth W.
Braddock, Edward B. (subject)
Braddock, Eren (g-dau)
Braddock, Russell M. (g-son.)
Braddock, Wm. E. (son)
Moore, Jennie (d-inlaw)
Stevens, Appleton (f-inlaw)
Stevens, Mary J. (wife)
Ann Arbor, MI
Bay City, MI
Bebee & Braddock Co.
Dunahm & Whipple Co.
H.D. Braddock & Co.
Lower Saginaw, MI
Portsmouth Vil. MI
Whipple, Braddock & Co.