William M. Brock (1859-1920)
Born in Ontarion, salt well borer in Bay City.
1883 Biography - Added August, 2011.
History of Bay County, Michigan - 1883.
WILLIAM M. BROCK,
was born in Ontario, June 22, 1850. At eighteen years of age he engaged in farming, and dabbled in the oil business at Petrolia, Ontario. In 1868 he came to Bay City, and engaged in boring salt wells. Mr. Brock is one of the most successful well borers in the valley. He was married in 1873, to Mary A. Cornwell, of Bay City, and has two children.
- Found six marriage record for Dec. 30, 1873 for William M. Brock, none confirmed spouse as Mary A. Cornwell, bride listed Nancy Carrol (aka. Carnal), however, census show Mary A..
1880 – Census: Bay City, Bay, Mich.
- Brock, William – b. 1851 Canada – salt well driller
- Mary A., wife – b. 1853 England.
- Anna, other – b. 1875 Mich. (daughter)
- William, son – b. 1877 Mich.
- Barcia, Eliza, other – b. 1862 Mich.
- McGuire, James, other – b. 1850 Canada – salt well driller
- Hamilina, John, other – b. 1856 Canada – salt well driller
1881-82 – Directory: Bay City, Mich.
- Brock, Charles – engineer, bds. Wm. M. Brock.
- Brock, Wm. M. - salt well borer, res. n. w. cor. 17th and Madison.
- Bzam, Manly – engineer, bds. Wm. M. Brock.
- McGuire, James – well driller, bds. Wm. M. Brock.
- Stevens, George – engineer, bds. Wm. M. Brock.
1893-94 - Directory: Bay City, Mich.
- Brock, Wm. M. - (Coryell & Brock), res. 314 25th.
- Brock, Mrs. Wm. M. - confectioner, res. 314 25th.
- Brock, Wm. M. Jr. - bds 314 25th.
1900 – Census: New Whatcom City, Whatcom, Wash.
- Brock, Wm. M. - b. Jun 1851 Canada Eng.
- Mary A., wife – b. Apr. 1853 England – married 26 years.
- Annie, daughter – b. Sep. 1874 Mich.
- William M., son – b. Jun. 1877 Mich.
- McEwan, Frank A., nephew - b. Oct. 1871 Mich.
- McEwan, Margaret, niece – b. Aug. 1868 Mich.
1920 – Washington Deaths: Walla Walla, Walla Walla, Wash.
- William M. Brock, age 74 year, son of Elihu Brock, died March 2, 1920.
Coryell, John partner
West Bay City Mfg. Co.
Brock, Anna (dau)
Brock, Elihu (father)
Brock, Wm. M. (subject)
Brock, Wm. M. Jr. (son)
Cornwell, Mary A. (wife)
McEwan, Frank A. (nephew)
McEwan, Margaret (niece)
Bay City, MI
Coryell & Brock Co.
Walla Walla, WA