John E. Bonser (1859-1936)
Michigan Historical Commission - 1924 (Page 95)
JOHN E. BONSER
Representative from the Third District of Bay County, 1901-2.
born in London, Ontario, in 1859.
His education was obtained in the high school of that place.
He removed to Detroit, when 18 years of age, after which time he had varied experiences in newspaper work, acting as compositor on the Bay City Tribune, and that of publisher on the Pinconning Press.
In politics a staunch Republican.
1896 - Directory: Bay City, Mich.
- Bonser, John E., compositor, Tribune, res 1321 Water.
1897 - Michigan Marriages: Pinconning, Bay, Mich.
- Date: June 30, 1897.
- Groom: John E. Bonser, b. 1861 London, son of Alex Bonser and Eunice E. Wrightman
- Bride: Carrie B. Viele, b. 1870 Towswanda, daughter of Atwood Viele.
- Official: A.S. Smith, clergyman.
- Witnesses: Phillip Klofp and Ada Klofp.
1897 - Directory: Bay Co., Mich.
- Bonser, John E., propr Pinconning Press.
1900 - Census: Pinconning village, Bay, Mich.
- Bonser, John E. - b. Sep 1859 Canada
- Carrie B., wife - b. Jun 1880 New York
- Laura E., dau. - b. May 1881 Canada
- John, son - b. Jan 1883 Canada
- Irene M, dau. - b. Jun 1887 Mich.
- Albert A., son - b. Feb 1888 Mich.
- Russell A., son - b. Sep 1898 Mich.
- Ethel, niece - b. Dec 1883 Mich.
1936 - Texas Deaths: Comanche, Comanche, Texas.
- John Eward Bonser, born Sep. 28, 1859, son of Alexander Bonser and Eunice Wrightman, died on Nov. 28, 1936. Spouse: Carrie Bonser.
None at this time.
Bonser, Albert A. (son)
Bonser, Alex (father)
Bonser, Ethel (niece)
Bonser, John, Jr. (son)
Bonser, John E. (subject)
Bonser, Irene M. (dau)
Bonser, Laura E. (dau)
Bonser, Russell A. (son)
Viele, Atwood (f-inlaw)
Viele, Carrie B. (wife)
Wrightman, Eunice E. (mother)
Bay City Tribune
Bay County, MI
London, Ont. Canada
Pinconning, Bay, MI
None at this time.