HOME - Front Page

Communties \ Mount Forest (Main Page)

Mount Forest Township

(Share a photo of township hall here!)
Township Hall: 1705 W. Cody Road
Post Office: Pinconning, MI 48650
Phone: 989-879-4352

Mount Forest Township was organized on January 14, 1890, becoming the fourteenth township of Bay County.
- {View} historical maps reference.

Geographic area at time of organization:

    Created from western portion of Pinconning Township, consisting of township 17 north, of range 3 east.

Petitioners of the new township were:

John T. Lynch, Clarence Fairchild, Charles Miller, Michael Paul, Lawrence, Joseph and George Wasielewski, Hugh Stevenson, John Barie, Fred Moore, George Collins, John Jankowiak and George Capter.

The first township election was held at the home of Clarence Fairchild, elected officers were:

- Supervisor: John T. Lynch
- Clerk: Cash Kelley
- Treasurer: John L. Hudson
- School Inspector: Henry V. Lucas

Historical population:

1894: 265 residents
1900: 350 residents
2000: 1,405 residents



Community Internet Resources:
Government Other
  • None at this time.
  • Education
  • [Mt. Forest Elementary School]
  • None at this time.
  • Directories | Web White Pages | Web Yellow Pages | Tourist Center

    Communities Menu
    Bay City
    Bangor Twsp.
    Beaver Twsp.-Willard
    Frankenlust Twsp.
    Fraser Twsp.
    Garfield Twsp - Crump
    Gibson Twsp.
    Hampton - Essexville
    Kawkawlin Twsp.
    Merritt Twsp.
    Monitor Twsp.
    Mount Forest Twsp.
    Pinconning Twsp.
    Portsmouth Twsp.
    Williams Twsp.- Auburn

    Are You From This Community?
    Help us add to its content
    by sharing information!
    Adopt a Piece of History!
    Contact Bay-Journal to contribute content.