GO HOME: Front Page
*Maps Library \

West Bay City Business District, about 1880

Map Notes
The Historic Midland Street Business district had it's beginnings during the 1860s when the Sage and McGraw Mill was built at the river's edge near Midland street. At that time this area and most of the westside of the river was a wilderness. The mill when completed was consider the largest of it's kind in the world, and was the cause for a new village known as Wenona when many of these buildings were built.
View history of buildings at {Heritage Page}.

The Villages of Wenona, Bangor and Salzburg merged to form West Bay City.