Seventh Michigan Cavalry
MORNING REPORT NEWSLETTER
Headquarters: Bay City, MI
Publisher: Gerald "Jerry" Pergande
(Note: pdf format, opens in new window.)
Vol. 2, Issue 5:
- Next Meeting at "museum," March 10th
- Make your reservations to Annual Banquet.
- The Uncharmed life of Elon Farnsworth.
Vol. 2, Issue 4:
- General Grant to Visit City.
- Jan. 13th Meeting: The Zouaves.
- The County's Largest Contingent.
Vol. 2, Issue 3:
- James Birney IV Tombstone project.
- Maj. Gen. Orlando B. Willcox
- Find of a Life Time.
- Where to Spend Eternity?
Vol. 2, Issue 2:
- Archibald McCormick.
- Meetings Schedule.
Vol. 2, Issue 1:
- Political parties of the 1850s.
Vol. 1, Issue 6:
- James Birney's Military Records.
-- The story behind his discharge.
Vol. 1, Issue 5:
- Mar. 11 - Mark Hoffman will speak on Civil War engineers.
- Apr. 8 - Annual Meeting, Jerry Maxwell will speak on Abraham Lincoln.
- Quiz: Match the General to his Horse.
- The Stuff of Legends: Barbara Fritchie.
- Reinzi - Michigan's Most Famous Horse.
Vol. 1, Issue 4:
- Two Local Journalist Speak - Tim Younkman & Dave Rogers.
- Trivia Quiz: What was (or is) Michigania?
- Johnny Clem - Drummer Boy of Shiloh?
- January's Speaker: Father Robert Miller - "Importance of Religion During Civil War."
- Information Needed on James H. Baker.
Vol. 1, Issue 3:
- John Wilkes Booth Finally Laid to Rest.
- November Speaker: Tim Younkman, "Civil War Prisons - North and South."
- Roundtable Projects.
- Them Damn Black Hats.
- The 24th Flag after Gettysburg.
- Bay County's Only Participant - Henry Schindette.
Vol. 1, Issue 2:
- Speakers set for Monthly Meetings.
- Boat Cruise Successful.
- River of Time set for Sept. 27 & 28.
- Len McInerney, aka: "The Irishman."
- Local Boy Makes Good: Michigan's Alpheus S. Williams.
Vol. 1, Issue 1:
- Cavalryman Requirements. (Major General Pillip Sheridan)
- Upcoming Events,
- Sojourner Truth - She Made Herself Count.
- Civil War Military Organization.