Aug. 19, 1893: The Bay City Tribune
Soldiers' Rest Monument.
The monument designed by the G.A.R. posts of this city to perpetuate the memory of the dead soldiers, has been placed in position in Pine Ridge cemetery. It is of Whitney granite resting on a base of the same material, and stands on a mound three feet high. On the sides of the monument are the following inscriptions:
“They saved their country
And fought for freedom.
They are quietly sleeping
Under the “Red, White and Blue”
“To preserve and strengthen those kind and fraternal feelings
which bind together the soldiers and sailors of the rebellion.”
Historic Pine Ridge Cemetery
s.e. corner of Ridge & Tuscola Roads
Bay City, Bay Co, Michigan
A Project of:
Volunteers - Join US!
View: Cemetery Map